The Can-Am Commander XT-P 1000R is a powerful UTV that offers top speeds of up to 75 mph. With its Rotax 1000R engine producing 100 horsepower, the Commander can handle tough work and intense play.
During the 2021 Can-Am Commander XT-P test, the UTV was able to reach 71 mph with ease. In addition to its top speed capabilities, the Commander also offers great low-range performance with a top speed of 28 mph for towing and crawling.
In this blog post, we will explore the Can-Am Commander’s top-speed capabilities, look at factors that impact its performance, and provide some safety and maintenance tips for those who plan on taking their UTV out for some extreme speeds.
Can-Am Commander XT-P 1000R Specs, Price, Top Speed, Horsepower, Review
Today I am going to share with you the Can-Am Commander XT-P 1000R Side x Side Complete guide Including:
- Can-Am Commander XT-P 1000R Specs
- Can-Am Commander XT-P 1000R Price
- Can-Am Commander XT-P 1000R Top speed
- Can-Am Commander XT-P 1000R Review
The Can-Am Commander 1000’s Top Speed
The Can-Am Commander 1000 is a powerful UTV that can reach impressive speeds. It has been recorded that the Commander reached 84 MPH on a dry lake bed, making it one of the fastest UTVs available.
The 2021 Can-Am Commander XT-P test showed that it could reach a top speed of 71 MPH, making it a great choice for those wanting to explore the outdoors at higher speeds. Not only is the Commander capable of reaching high speeds, but it also offers a low range for more controlled engine braking when you need it most.
It’s important to keep safety in mind when operating your UTV at higher speeds and to maintain it properly in order to keep your vehicle running smoothly.
Can-Am Commander XT-P 1000R Key Specs
- Engine: 1000R
- Engine displacement: 1000
- Type: 100 hp, Rotax® 976 cc, V-twin, liquid cooled
- Transmission: Quick Response System (QRS) CVT with high airflow ventilation and Electronic Drive Belt Protection Extra-L / H / N / R / P
- Fuel Delivery System: Intelligent Throttle Control (iTC™) with Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI)
- Drive Train: Selectable Turf Mode / 2WD / 4WD TRAIL / 4WD TRAIL ACTIV with exclusive Smart-Lok * technology. *Smart-Lok was developed in conjunction with TEAM Industries, a market leader in the drive train industry
- Driving Assistance: Electronic Hill Descent Control SPORT / ECO™ modes
- Power Steering: Dynamic Power Steering (DPS)
- Estimated Dry Weight*: 1725 lb. (782.4 kg)
- Cargo Box Dimensions: 29.5 x 45.2 x 10.6 in. (75.1 x 114.7 x 27 cm)
- Cargo Box Capacity: 600 lb. (272.2 kg)
- Storage Capacity: Total: 7.3 gal. (27.6 L)
- Towing Capacity: 2000 lb. (907.2 kg)
- Payload Capacity: 1030 lb. (467.2 kg)
- Fuel Capacity: 10 gal. (38 L)
Can-Am Commander 1000’s Top Speed Achieved
The Can-Am Commander 1000’s top speed has been tested and achieved with great results. On a long stretch over a dry lake bed, the Commander was able to reach 84 MPH wide open. This makes it one of the fastest UTVs on the market and is a testament to its power and performance.
The 2021 Can-Am Commander XT-P test also showed impressive results, with a top speed of 75 MPH. Even the lower range of the Commander 700 was able to reach a respectable 28 MPH. All in all, it is clear that the Can-Am Commander series is designed for speed and performance, making it a great choice for those who are looking for an enjoyable ride.
Can-Am Commander XT-P 1000R Key Features
- Gauge: 7.6 in. wide digital display with keypad
- Winch: 4,500-lb (2,041 kg) winch with roller fairlead
- Steering Wheel: Adjustable tilt steering
- Protection: Premium half doors, Full skid plate, Mudguards, XT front bumper, Full roof
- Hitch Type: 2-in hitch receiver
- Magneto: 650-W
- Instrumentation: DC outlet (10-A)
- Anti Theft System: RF Digitally Encoded Security System (D.E.S.S.™) with Start/ Stop button
- Lighting: LED Headlight LED Signature LED tail lights
- Can-Am Commander XT-P 1000R Price: $30,599.00
- Can-Am Commander XT-P 1000R Top Speed: 71 mph (Est.)
- Can-Am Commander XT-P 1000R Horsepower: 100 hp
The 2021 Can-Am Commander XT-P Test
For those wanting to experience the highest speeds possible with their Can-Am Commander UTV, the 2021 Can-Am Commander XT-P is the way to go. The XT-P was put to the test, and it certainly lived up to expectations. With a top speed of 75 mph, this UTV is capable of reaching incredible speeds on flat surfaces or down hills.
The XT-P has a 100 hp engine and hooks up well from an XPS start. It is also equipped with advanced suspension, braking, and steering components that provide improved handling when traveling at high speeds. Those who are looking for an exciting off-road experience that includes some serious speed should definitely consider the Can-Am Commander XT-P 1000R.
Expected Top Speed of the Can-Am Commander XT-P 1000R
The Can-Am Commander XT-P 1000R is expected to reach a top speed of 75 mph, according to estimates. This powerful UTV is equipped with a V Twin engine that is capable of delivering 100 hp, ensuring that it can reach its top speed quickly and easily.
Thanks to the 2021 Can-Am Commander XT-P test, we know that it can reach 71 mph, and on a long stretch over a dry lake bed, its top speed was even reported to be 84 mph. This means that the XT-P 1000R is capable of hitting its top speed, making it a great ride for those who want to experience the thrill of going fast.
Can-Am Commander 700’s Top Speed
The Can-Am Commander 700 is a powerful UTV that is designed for off-roading and adventure. It has a top speed of about 65 mph, making it ideal for those who want to explore the outdoors at a fast pace.
However, you should always practice safety when operating the Commander 700 at high speeds. Make sure you are familiar with the terrain before you start accelerating, as well as wear proper safety gear such as helmets and eye protection. Additionally, make sure your UTV is in top condition with regular maintenance checks so you can enjoy a smooth and safe ride.
Factors That Impact Top Speed
There are several factors that can impact the top speed of a Can-Am Commander XT-P 1000R. The engine size and horsepower, the type of transmission, the size of the tires, and the terrain it is driven all play a role in determining how fast a UTV can go.
A larger engine with more horsepower will increase the top speed and acceleration, while a smaller engine with less horsepower will limit these capabilities. Additionally, an automatic transmission may provide better acceleration than a manual transmission at higher speeds.
Larger tires will also help improve acceleration and top speeds, as they provide more traction on rough terrain. Finally, taking your UTV on flat surfaces like dirt roads or racetracks will give you the opportunity to reach higher top speeds than if you were driving it on hilly or uneven terrain.
Safety Tips for Going High Speeds
- Regular servicing at 1,000 and 3,000-mile intervals for optimal performance
- Change the fuel filter regularly to prevent blocking fuel flow and stalling
- Clean fuel injectors for efficient running
- Wear gloves during maintenance to prevent accidents or injuries
- Tune ECU for high performance, increased top speeds, and HP increase.
Maintenance Tips to Keep Your UTV Running Smoothly
Maintaining your Can-Am Commander is key to keeping it running smoothly. Regular servicing should be done at 1,000 and 3,000-mile intervals to ensure optimal performance. The fuel filter should be changed regularly as deposits can block fuel flow and cause the UTV to stall and not start.
Cleaning the fuel injectors can also help keep your UTV running efficiently. It’s important to remember to wear gloves when doing any kind of maintenance on your UTV as this can help prevent any accidents or injuries.
Tuning the ECU will also help keep your Commander running at a high-performance level by increasing top speeds and increasing HP. With these few simple tips, you’ll be sure to keep your Can-Am Commander running like a dream.
Can-Am Commander XT-P 1000R Specs
|Engine Type||100 hp, Rotax® 976 cc, V-twin, liquid cooled|
|Fuel System||Intelligent Throttle Control (iTC™) with Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI)|
|Front Suspension||Arched double A-arm with sway bar / 14 in. (35.6 cm) travel|
|Front Brakes||Dual 220 mm disc brakes with hydraulic twin-piston calipers|
|Front Tire||XPS Hammer Force 30 x 10 / 10 x 15 in.|
|Rear Suspension||Arched TTA with sway bar / 14 in. (35.6 cm) travel|
|Rear Brakes||Dual 220 mm disc brakes with hydraulic twin-piston calipers|
|Rear Tire||XPS Hammer Force 30 x 10 / 10 x 15 in.|
|Transmission||Quick Response System (QRS) CVT with high airflow ventilation and Electronic Drive Belt Protection Extra-L / H / N / R / P|
|Drive System||Selectable Turf Mode / 2WD / 4WD TRAIL / 4WD TRAIL ACTIV with exclusive Smart-Lok * technology. *Smart-Lok was developed in conjunction with TEAM Industries, a market leader in the drive train industry|
|Colors||Desert Tan / Carbon Black|
|Dry Weight||1725 lb. (782.4 kg)|
|Wheelbase||90.6 in. (230.1 cm)|
|Ground Clearance||13.5 in (34.3 cm)|
|Fuel Capacity||10 gal. (38 L)|
|Box Capacity||600 lb. (272.2 kg)|
|Towing Capacity||2000 lb. (907.2 kg)|
Can-Am Commander XT-P 1000R Review YouTube Video
Frequently Asked Questions
How fast does the Commander XT go?
The XT doesn’t get arched suspension arms with the HD7 engine but does with the 1000cc engine. We saw 65 mph going downhill, but a shade over 50 was more normal for top speed in high range if the terrain was soft. In a sand wash with chatter bumps, we worked to reach 40 mph.
Can-Am Commander 1000R horsepower?
What’s better Can-Am Commander or Polaris RZR?
Both are amazing sport machines, but the Commander posseses much more utitility-oriented features, like its two-part bed, higher towing capacity, and larger cargo box.
- 2023 Can-Am Renegade X xc 1000R Top Speed
- 2023 Can-Am Renegade 70 EFI Top Speed
- 2023 Can-Am Renegade 650 Top Speed and features
- Can-Am RYKER 900 Top Speed and Review
In conclusion, the Can-Am Commander 1000 offers an impressive top speed of up to 79 mph. This top speed can be achieved with the right conditions, such as proper maintenance and the right environment.
Additionally, factors like terrain and weight of the vehicle can also impact the top speed. When it comes to safety, it is always important to follow safety protocols when driving at high speeds and take into consideration any possible risks that may be present. With the proper care and maintenance of your UTV, you can ensure that you will be able to enjoy a high-speed experience for years to come!