Everyone talks about the thrill and adrenaline of driving a fast car. Even though it’s accurate, the rush of the thrill from riding a superfast motorcycle without any hindrance but you and the open road is everything! It tops any fast car any day!
If you’re an avid motorbike rider, you probably have adequate skills to advance from ordinary bikes. Now, you need to gift yourself a sports bike that’s a track king and ride anywhere. But what should you get?
Consider the Yamaha YZF R6 Top Speed! It has, over the years, evolved to become a top motorcycle on and off track. It’s hard to miss noting the impressive features and performance. Indulge!
Yamaha YZF R6 Review
Yamaha YZF R6 Top Speed: 160mph (258Km/h)
Because it’s been around for many years, people will likely assume that Yamaha YZF R6 has nothing more to offer. The truth couldn’t be any further.
Even though it was invented long ago, this bike has been through several upgrades over the years, making it a better version in every stage. Imagine what’s in the market now!
It features a 599cc liquid-cooled engine, top speed, traction control, riding modes, excellent performance, and solid quality.
The refined ergonomics in YZF R6 make it one of the best superbikes ever. It has a lowered racing seat height for easier cornering at any speed level. The seat is also plush and comfortable, allowing the rider to reach the most extended distances without getting tired.
It’s also lightweight, allowing the rider to maneuver easily through bends and loops in all terrains. Still, it’s narrow to ensure the legs rest comfortably without causing fatigue, especially for short riders.
- Traction Control: It prevents the motorcycle wheels from slipping when changing from low to high speed. Also called the Anti-Slip Control, the traction measures the speed of the wheels. When the speed starts differing, the anti-slip control reduces the power of the rear wheel.
- Riding modes: The riding modes in this bike help to adjust the power, braking, and acceleration in different settings. It comes with two primary modes, dry and rain. However, the manufacturers now allow the rider to soften or harden the power delivery for different conditions.
- Braking Assistance: This bike’s idea behind braking assistance is to spread the braking force evenly on all the wheels. So, the system will initiate all the wheels whether you brake the front or rear wheels. While most experienced riders object to this feature, it works best for new riders who are getting used to the track to help them brake effectively.
- Cornering ABS: Cornering ABS uses the sensors in the IMU to determine your speed, lean angle, and acceleration or deceleration. With this information, the system adjusts the braking to help you corner and brake simultaneously.
This Yamaha model powers through a digital-electronic ignition system. The advantage of this type of ignition is the ease of control because it has no movable parts. You press the start button, and you ride away.
Also, it has reduced emissions, making it an eco-friendly choice. So no battling with exhaust fumes, especially when riding at high speeds.
Because of reduced emissions, the fuel consumption is very efficient and accurate than the magneto system. Rest assured of a lasting performance due to this digital ignition.
Yamaha YZF R6 Top Speed, Price, Mileage, Review, Specs, Seat Height, Overview
Yamaha YZF R6 Price in The USA 2022:
Price Starting at $12,199 + Destination Charge: $430
Yamaha YZF R6 Top Speed
Top Speed: 165 mph (Est.)
Yamaha YZF R6 Weight:
Weight: 419 lb
Yamaha YZF R6 Seat Height:
Seat Height: 33.5 in
Yamaha YZF R6 Horsepower:
Horsepower: 108 hp
Yamaha YZF R6 Mileage:
Mileage: 42 mpg Estimated**
Yamaha YZF R6 Fuel Capacity:
Fuel Capacity: 4.6 gal
Yamaha YZF R6 Key Features
- Engine Type: 599cc liquid-cooled DOHC inline 4-cylinder; 16 titanium valves
- Bore x Stroke: 67.0mm x 42.5mm
- Transmission: 6-speed; multiplate slipper clutch
- L x W x H: 80.3 in x 27.4 in x 45.3 in
- Seat Height: 33.5 in
- Fuel Capacity: 4.6 gal
- Wet Weight: 419 lb
- Fuel Economy**: 42 mpg
- 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
YZF-R6 vs ZX-6R 636 speed in gears at 5000 rpm
|Speed at 5000 rpm||ZX-6R 636||YZF-R6|
|Speed 1st Gear||25.4 mph||24.5 mph|
|Speed 2nd Gear||32.8 mph||31.6 mph|
|Speed 3rd Gear||39 mph||38 mph|
|Speed 4th Gear||45.1 mph||43.8 mph|
|Speed 5th Gear||50.8 mph||49.2 mph|
|Speed 6th Gear||55.6 mph||55 mph|
Yamaha YZF-R6 Acceleration
|Top Speed||161.3 mph|
Yamaha YZF R6 Specs
|Engine Type||599cc liquid-cooled DOHC inline 4-cylinder; 16 titanium valves|
|Bore x Stroke||67.0mm x 42.5mm|
|Fuel Delivery||Fuel injection with YCC-T and YCC-I|
|Ignition||TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition|
|Transmission||6-speed; multiplate slipper clutch|
|Suspension / Front||43mm KYB® inverted fork, 3-way adjustable; 4.7-in travel|
|Suspension / Rear||KYB® piggyback shock, 4-way adjustable; 4.7-in travel|
|Brakes / Front||Dual 320mm hydraulic disc; ABS|
|Brakes / Rear||220mm hydraulic disc; ABS|
|Tires / Front||120/70ZR17|
|Tires / Rear||180/55ZR17|
|L x W x H||80.3 in x 27.4 in x 45.3 in|
|Seat Height||33.5 in|
|Rake (Caster Angle)||24.0°|
|Maximum Ground Clearance||5.1 in|
|Fuel Capacity||4.6 gal|
|Fuel Economy**||42 mpg|
|Wet Weight||419 lb|
|Warranty||1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)|
- Yamaha Mt 07 Top Speed and Price
- Yamaha YFZ 450 Seat Height, Top Speed, and Specs
- Yamaha YZF R7 Top Speed, Price, Seat Height
- Yamaha MT-09 Review, Top Speed, and Price
The bike is lightweight and delivers a high level of performance and handling that leaves every rider smiling from ear to ear. This sportbike aims to deliver a more-focussed but fun experience in all conditions consistently.
As an easy-to-ride yet sophisticated bike, Yamaha YZF R6 Top Speed enables even inexperienced riders to experience the gushing thrill of surpassing their limits every time they ride. Even better, it allows you to try new stunts safely, thanks to the ergonomics and riding aids.